In the spirit of social distancing during this COVID-19 crisis, for our safety and the safety of others, we ask you to contact our advisors via email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call our office at 662-915-7382 and leave a voicemail. Your call will be returned within 24 hours. Thank you for your patience during this time.
The mission of the Student Advising and Field Experience (SAFE) office is to graduate the best caliber teacher candidates who will then serve our state and the nation as innovative teachers and communicators.
To accomplish this mission the SAFE office strives to:
- Inform students of the requirements of their program
- Answer questions about academic policy
- Address personal concerns in regards to the program, school and campus
- Provide encouragement, instruction and, when necessary, options for handling difficult academic situations
- Offer a diverse and quality field experience placement
- Support students in a manner that they can envision a smoother outcome for their future