Education majors who will be student teaching in the Spring 2016 semester MUST COMPLETE an application form to receive an “Intern License” (IL). This is a new mandate by the Mississippi Department of Education.
The process is simple as you have already been recommended by the School of Education at UM.
Submit application by November 1, 2016.
Please note you WILL NOT BE CLEARED TO STUDENT TEACH until this process is complete.
- Go to the website: mde.k12.ms.us and look for “Educator Link”…click ELMS system.
- Look to the right and click on “Create New User Account”
- Check the first section stating “You are a Mississippi Educator recommended for an approved program.”
- Set up your account using your social security number.
- You will continue through several steps of setting up your account. When finished, the prompt will take you to this screen…click on “Educator”.
- You will then need to click on “Apply for your Recommendation Here” to start the application.
- Click on “Apply for Credential” to complete the appropriate form.